How to promote your business online for Free in India
Promoting your business over the digital medium is very important as it creates awareness about your brand.
If you own a business and surely want to make it successful then you need your business to reorganized globally. There are many platforms where you can list your business online as people can easily get to know about your brand while they search online. People nowadays keep searching online for a particular brand or product, if ypu have an online presence then it would be beneficial for your business to gain more customers. Whether you have a large or small business you should start planning to promote your brand as creating an online account is free and can be easily managed.
There are various ways you can promote your business online without spending anything, you will just need to invest time to promote your business online, it will certainly help you get started online.
With this article, we are going to list down ways that will help you promote your business online easily.
Google Business Listing
One of the first things to do after you start your business is to list down your physical address on Google map which can be done via Google Business listing, so anyone searching for your business online can easily find you without any hassle. Here are the steps you need to follow to get your business listed on Google
- Go to the url https://www.google.com/intl/en_in/business/how-it-works/ & Sign Up with your google account
- Enter your business name
- Enter Your Address
- Select The location on Google Map
- Choose Category For your Business
- Add your contact details
- All Set you are all done, click on finish & wait for the verification code.
- Once you follow all the step Google will send verification code by post which you will receive on your address within 7 days, enter the verification code & verify your listing once done in it will start showing on Google when you search for your business name.
Social Media Pages
Another good way to promote your business online would be creating social media pages, to start with you can create pages on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
Creating a Facebook Page
- Login to Facebook & go to the URL https://www.facebook.com/pages/creation/
- Click on Get started under the business tab
- Enter Business name & Category of the business
- Enter Business Address
- Once done upload profile picture(best to put your logo here)
- Upload cover photo (Create an image which briefly tells about your business)
- Once done your page is ready Now invite friends & family to like your page
The process is similar for creating a page on Instagram & Twitter, make sure your profile picture is the same on all the platforms.
3. Local Business Directories
There are lots of local business directories like JustDial, IndiaMart & Sulekha where you want to add your business information these directories are good to be listed on but they will charge some amount when you want a verified profile or want to generate leads out of these directories.
So if you have started your business & want to get listed online above are some options available that you can try for free, the only investment it requires is your time. If you thinking on a very serious note you should hire a digital marketing agency to get exposure for your business online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I market my small business online?
Promoting your business online is the most cost-effective and efficient way to grow your brand presence. There are several ways to promote your business online. If you have a website or blog, you can write articles, post on social media, and communicate with customers through email newsletters. You may also choose to spend some money on marketing and advertising, either online or in print or on radio or television.
How can I promote my business on social media?
Social media makes it easier for you to interact with potential customers. While there are many different ways you can promote your business, it all depends on your budget, your goals, and the type of business you run. Some of the most popular methods include PPC (Pay per Click) advertising, blogging, SEO, or Social Media advertising.
Where can I promote my business?
To promote your business on social media means you need to create a strong marketing strategy and then execute the plan. So, you need to use multiple social media platforms to reach your target audience. Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are the most popular social media platforms, but there are also others you can use to share your brand.